Credit Report Reviews
Concerned about your credit? We all are. Strong credit can be the difference between reaching your big picture goals and just falling short.
Don't stay in the dark! MMI offers one on one credit report review sessions, designed to help you understand what's on your report and what you need to do to build a stronger credit history. Our trained counselors will pull your report and review your available credit history, taking the time to answer all your most pressing credit questions.
How it Works
There are three main components to every credit report review session.
- Discussing your report | Your counselor will pull a copy of your current credit report from Experian, one of the three major reporting agencies in the United States. One by one, you'll review and discuss the accounts and negative marks listed on your report.
- Reviewing your score | Your session also includes a discussion of your current credit score. Your counselor will provide your score and go over the factors that make up your score, with special focus on any factors that may be bringing your score down.
- Recommendations and action plan | Finally, after you've discussed your financial goals, your counselor will provide personalized recommendations and an action plan to help you reach those goals.
You should leave your credit report review session with a better understanding of where you stand with your credit, as well as a clear set of next steps to help you make build the credit history you want.
Appointments are available by phone. Call 866.889.9347 or submit an online request form to schedule your session today.
MMI is not a credit repair company and does not provide credit repair services.
Who Can Benefit?
We're happy to provide a credit report review for any consumer that wants to learn more about their personal credit. The consumers who would benefit the most from a credit report review session are typically those who:
- Have never looked at their credit report before and aren't sure what to look for
- Recently had an application for credit rejected and don't know what to do next
- Will be making a major purchase in the near future and need their credit history to be as solid as possible
- Suspect that there may be errors on their credit report, but don't know how to verify that
Bad credit can be extremely costly. If you have a credit blind spot, do yourself a favor and connect with one of our trained coaches.
Why Choose MMI?
Talking about your personal finances is never easy. We are deeply appreciative of your time, attention, and trust. There are plenty of great reasons to work with MMI, but here are five of the most important:
- Quality - MMI is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), Consumer Federation of America (CFA), and National Council of Higher Education Resources (NCHER). We are proud to be accredited by the prestigious Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children.
- Knowledge - Our training department works hard to assure that our representatives are knowledgeable and cross-trained in multiple areas of financial concern. All counselors must pass a series of tests to become certified.
- Accessibility - You can access our services by phone, internet and in person in many markets. Representatives are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet your needs.
- Nonprofit - As a nonprofit counseling agency, our priority is always the success and wellbeing of the people we serve. You can always expect honest, unbiased advice and guidance.
- History- MMI has been helping consumers find new ways to overcome financial challenges since 1958.
Is there a fee for this service?
Yes, the standard fee for counseling is $59, collected at the end of your session. Consumers residing in Kansas and Oregon are charged a $49.99 fee at the end of the session. Income-based fee reductions are available – speak to a counselor for more details.
Will you help me remove negative items from my credit report?
If a negative item on your report is legitimate then it will stay on your report for at least seven years. If you feel that an item on your report is in error, however, we can provide you with instructions on how to dispute such an error.
Are your services confidential?
Confidentiality is one of the fundamental benefits of our counseling services. Your participation in a counseling or coaching session is not reported to anyone unless otherwise disclosed or agreed to by you. We don’t report to the credit reporting agencies.
Click here for answers to more frequently asked questions »
Speak To a Counselor
Begin immediately or schedule an appointment. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by telephone, so you can start the process any time.
Submit a request
Provide us with some basic info to get started and we'll give you a call to set up an appointment.
Building strong credit starts with understanding what credit is, how it's reported, and what you can do to prove your creditworthiness.
Credit setbacks happen all the time. If your credit has slipped, this guide can help show you how to rebuild your credit health.
When obtaining a loan or a credit card, there are some important terms you’ll need to understand in order to compare loans to each other.
Click here for more credit related resources »