MMI offers free credit counseling (sometimes known as debt and budget counseling) to those who need help with budgeting, money management skills, and credit issues. Certified counselors take the time to thoroughly understand your situation and provide you with specific advice.
How it Works
Credit counseling is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can begin online or speak to a counselor one-on-one over the phone. In-person counseling is also available by appointment in select local markets.
You and your personal credit counselor will work together to:
- Assess your current financial situation
- Develop a realistic spending plan
- Establish achievable financial goals
- Create a personal action plan for success
Read more: What Does a Credit Counselor Do?
Who Can Benefit?
- Do you spend more than you make each month and need help reviewing your finances?
- Are you financially overwhelmed and struggling to pay your bills each month?
- Has an income reduction made previously manageable debts unmanageable?
- Are mounting medical bills or a recent divorce causing financial strain?
All financial challenges - no matter how major or minor - have solutions. No matter what financial problems you’re dealing with, the most important thing to remember is that you’re not alone.