USA Today hosts live Twitter chat with MMI
On this coming Wednesday, February 19 at 3 p.m. ET, our very own John Berry will be tweeting from @MoneyManagement and representing MMI during a live Q&A Twitter chat hosted by Hadley Malcolm, a consumer finance journalist for USA Today.
As part of a six-week series, MMI and other NFCC member agencies have partnered with USA Today on an exciting financial education and social media initiative aimed at providing young millennials tips and advice over various personal finance topics. Every Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET, until the final session on March 19, Twitter users will have the opportunity to ask certified credit counselors and educators questions related to the personal finance topic of the day:
- Feb. 12: Basics of credit: What does having good credit mean and why should I care? With Jana Castanon of Apprisen, tweeting from @Apprisen.
- Feb. 19: Becoming a homeowner: How to prepare for buying your first house. With John Berry of Money Management International, tweeting from @MoneyManagement.
- Feb. 26: Finance in your relationship: How to handle debt and credit with your significant other. With Soneyet Muhammad of Clarifi, tweeting from @WeClarifi.
- March 5: Buying a car: How to negotiate and know whether you're getting a good deal. With David Flores of GreenPath Debt Solutions, tweeting from @greenpathdebt.
- March 12: Protecting yourself: Everything you need to know about giving your personal information away, identity theft, how to detect fraud and what to do about it. With Jonathan Gedeon of ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions, tweeting from @KnowYourMoneyUS.
- March 19: Retirement planning: What you should be doing in your twenties to prepare for your sixties and beyond. With Sheri Stuart of Springboard Nonprofit Consumer Credit Management Inc., tweeting from @CreditDotOrg.
Please support this important financial literacy initiative.
- Spread the word to millennials in need of personal finance advice
- Tune in on Wednesday, February 19 on Twitter @MoneyManagement
- Follow the campaign feed using hashtag #millennialmoney
About John Berry
John is an education specialist out of our local Sea Birch, NJ office. As a local educator, he is tasked with facilitating HUD-approved first-time home buyer workshops and other community education programs. Prior to joining MMI, John worked in the mortgage loan industry and was a licensed mortgage loan originator. He also has experience working as a credit & risk analyst for credit card companies and is familiar with credit approval and underwriting processes involved with applying and closing mortgage loans. With his vast amount of first-time homebuyer and homeownership knowledge, coupled with the fact that he himself is a millennial, he is the perfect person to represent the organization in this exciting and important financial education event.