Financial Literacy Month Events
April is Financial Literacy Month and my nonprofit organization launched a microsite in the month’s honor. On the site, there are 30 simple steps to financial freedom (one for each day of the month).
Two years ago, I personally went through the steps and blogged about my experience. Last year, we invited financial experts, organizational experts, credit reporting experts, moms (i.e. experts at everything), and authors to guest post during the month on a topic related to the day’s step.
This year, the blog will give voice to consumers who have overcome financial challenges. Through their own words, these consumers will tell you about what it was like to be in and repay unmanageable debt. They also share inspiring words about the many ways their lives have changed as a result of their debt repayment efforts. In addition to reading their stories, here are nine other ways you can get involved this Financial Literacy Month:
- If you have an inspirational story to share, there are a handful of spots left! Send stories to Success@MoneyManagement.org.
- Follow the 30-step plan. Getting started is easy: Take the Pledge.
- Check out our amazing schedule of free financial Webinars. Attend with a friend!
- Download the free Financial Literacy Month eBook (and read it!).
- Become a fan of financial literacy on Facebook.
- Submit your favorite financial tips for inclusion in our Tips for Change gadget.
- Use the hashtag #FLM10 on financial literacy-related Tweets.
- Show your support for financial literacy on your own Web site by adding the I Love FLM badge.
- If you write about financial literacy, let us know so we can add your post to the Financial Literacy Month round up. Send links to Success@MoneyManagement.org.
I hope you'll visit often and let me be the first to wish you a happy Financial Literacy Month!