Housing Counseling Services
We recognize that consumers have options. That is why we are committed to providing the highest level of quality in our field. Here are five of the many ways we ensure that you, our customer, receive the high quality housing counseling you deserve:
- Collaboration - MMI is HUD-approved to provide housing counseling and foreclosure prevention program services. MMI is also a member of the HOPE NOW alliance and is proud to deliver counseling services through the Homeowner's HOPE™ Hotline. With a grant from NeighborWorks® America, MMI offers free counseling to families at risk of losing their homes through the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program.
- Accessibility - You can access our housing counseling services by phone, as well as in-person in many markets.
- Quality - In addition to our many relationships with housing organizations and partnering programs, MMI is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), Consumer Federation of America (CFA), and National Council of Higher Education Resources (NCHER). We are proud to be accredited by the prestigious Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children.
- Knowledge - Our training department continually works to assure that our representatives are knowledgeable and cross-trained. All counselors must pass a series of tests to become certified.
- Dedication - MMI’s educational services extend beyond immediate credit problems to create strong financial knowledge. In fact, the mission of our education department is to educate the public on sound personal financial skills and money management principles by developing, delivering, and supporting programs that teach those skills and principles.