From the Mixed-up Budget of ______________________________________
It's time to see what you learned from Claudia and Jamie's experience. Listed below are some expenses that a typical kid might have during an average week during the school year. Mixed up with the expenses are sources of income for a typical kid.
- Use the list to make a weekly budget for yourself.
- Choose at least five expenses.
- Choose at least three sources of income.
- Write the expenses and income amounts in the correct columns.
- Add all expenses, then add all income.
- Make sure that you have enough income to pay for all expenses. If you don't, you must spend less or add some more income.
- If you have more income than expenses, label the difference "saving" and list it under your expense column.
|New basketball shoes: $65.00
||Walk neighbor's dog, earn $2.00
|Weekly allowance: $5.00
||Hot fudge sundae: $1.99
|Wash the car, earn $3.00
||Bubble bath: $4.00
|Movie (Sat. afternoon): $3.00
||Library fine: $0.20
|Movie (Sat. night): $5.00
||English notebook: $0.75
|Popcorn & soda at movie: $6.50
||Water plants and earn $0.50
|Clean litter box, earn $1.00
||Clean the toilets, earn $1.50
|Babysit 2 hours, earn $4.00
||Play Goofy Golf: $3.00
|Soda after volleyball: $0.50
||Baseball cards: $1.50
|Donation for poor: $0.65
||Play video game: $0.75