These 11 interactive modules are designed to help you and your family master a range of financial topics while gaining the knowledge and tools you need to achieve financial success. The Family Interaction Guide is a downloadable workbook full of ideas for the whole family.
1: Money and Values
- Discover your financial personality with an interactive quiz.
- Identify your personal financial values.
View Money and Values
2: Setting Goals and Priorities
- Understand the difference between your wants and needs.
- Set SMART goals.
- Establish a system to monitor your progress.
View Setting Goals and Priorities
3: Credit Reports and Credit Scores
- Learn how to get your free credit report.
- Read and analyze your personal credit report.
- Utilize specific steps to recover from credit mistakes.
View Credit Reports and Credit Scores
4: Managing Income and Expenses
- Learn to calculate gross and net income
- Classify your expenses as fixed, variable, or periodic.
- Create a balanced monthly spending plan.
View Managing Income and Expenses
5: Using Credit Wisely
- Discover how to use credit wisely.
- Learn how to make the most of your money.
- Increase your consumer savvy.
View Using Credit Wisely
6: Keeping Debt Under Control
- Take an interactive survey to see if you are vulnerable to a credit crisis.
- Learn to take control over the debt you have, no matter how overwhelming.
- Utilize outside services for credit negotiating and debt management.
View Keeping Debt Under Control
7: Building Savings
- Create a short term savings strategy.
- Find easy ways to increase your monthly savings and emergency fund.
- Refresh your spending habits to reduce expenses.
View Building Savings
8: Creating Wealth
- Determine your net worth and assess your risk tolerance.
- Discover your investment options.
View Creating Wealth
9: Important Papers
- Discover the best approach to organizing for you: paper-based or paperless.
- Identify storage options such as a grab-and-go box, safe deposit box, attorney's office and the documents best suited for each.
View Important Papers
10: Basic Banking
- Learn to properly document checks, deposit slips and check registers.
- Compare and contrast banks and credit unions.
- Find out how to take advantage of online banking services.
View Basic Banking
11: Identity Theft
- Protect your identity through easy to implement tips and tricks.
- Learn the steps to take if you are the victim of identity theft.
View Identity Theft
Family Interaction Guide
Download the Family Interaction Guide PDF for tips and activities related to the modules above that can help every member of your family get in sync with your financial strategy.
Download the Family Interaction Guide