MMI offers a wide variety of financial services to help improve your financial life. No matter what your financial situation, we can help you to establish an plan of action for achieving your financial goals.
Knowledge is the key to successful money management. Our resources are designed to inspire and assist you as you begin to make positive changes in your financial life.
Interact with MMI in a variety of formats including email, videos, tweets, blog posts, and pictures.
Since 1958, MMI has been a leading provider of financial counseling and education services. We invite you to learn more about the organization and its leadership.
Could Americans be doomed to a future of personal financial instability? All signs point to yes, according to annual survey results from the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC).
In recognition of Financial Literacy Month, the NFCC and the Network Branded Prepaid Card Association (NBPCA) released the results of the 2012 Financial Literacy Survey. In its sixth year, the Financial Literacy Survey provides data and trends surrounding Americans’ attitudes and behaviors related to personal finance.
Unfortunately, survey data revealed a disturbing lack of basic financial skills that are critical to building a stable financial future. Consider the following results in areas such as budgeting, saving, responsible bill-paying and money management:
“This year’s survey unveiled some disturbing trends, showing that a significant number of Americans are saving less, spending more, and carrying credit card debt over from month-to-month, suggesting that the painful financial lessons of the past are quickly being forgotten,” said Susan C. Keating, president and CEO of the NFCC.
“Coupled with the two in five adults who gave themselves a C, D or F on their knowledge of personal finance, the need for an increase in financial education becomes not only clear, but urgent,” Keating said.
If you can relate to those results, it's time to wise up! Don't let yourself be another statistic. Take advantage of the tools and resources Money Management International offers — not only throughout the month of April — but year-round. The need for financial literacy doesn't magically disappear come May 1. Therefore, we offer a variety of content and services to get you started on the right path — whenever that may be.
And remember, this year we're making FLM more valuable than ever by giving away $200, $300 and $500 prizes! What could be a better start to financial freedom than free money? Sign up for the Financial Literacy Sweepstakes today for your chance to win!
The 2012 Financial Literacy Survey was conducted by telephone within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of the NFCC and NBPCA between March 16 and March 19, 2012, among 1,007 adults ages 18 and older. Results were weighted for age, sex, geographic region, and race where necessary to align them with their actual proportions in the population.
The six statistics cited don't show trends. Five of them are point-in-time measurements, and the only one that is a year-to-year comparison is incomplete. (40% save less than a year ago. What about the other 60%? Do they save more?)
There may be a lot of financial ignorance out there, but is it growing, shrinking, or staying the same? We can't tell from this article.
Just the same, having enough financial knowledge to be able to plan and to take care of ourselves is equally as important as knowing how to make a living.
April is Financial Literacy Month. Celebrate with us by taking the pledge!
Loans & Credit,
Auto Loan Resources,
Financial Literacy Month,
Kids & Money,
Debt Management Program
Credit Report Review
Student Loan Counseling
Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Pre Purchase Housing Counseling
How To Manage Your Money
Money Management For Kids
Credit Lesson Plans
How To Budget
Blogging for Change
Ask the Experts
Share Your Stories
© 2015 Money Management International, 14141 Southwest Freeway, Suite 1000, Sugar Land, TX.