MMI offers a wide variety of financial services to help improve your financial life. No matter what your financial situation, we can help you to establish an plan of action for achieving your financial goals.
Knowledge is the key to successful money management. Our resources are designed to inspire and assist you as you begin to make positive changes in your financial life.
Interact with MMI in a variety of formats including email, videos, tweets, blog posts, and pictures.
Since 1958, MMI has been a leading provider of financial counseling and education services. We invite you to learn more about the organization and its leadership.
Few will argue that money is the number one reason married couples fight with one another. Since we are about to enter the peak season for weddings, I offer you the following guidelines for couples to use when discussing money and planning their financial future:
1. SET PRIORITIES AND SPECIFIC GOALS. Don’t assume you both have the same goals without discussing them.
2. DISCUSS VALUES. Sometimes differing values make agreement on goals difficult. When one person wants to spend now and one wants to save for later, it can be a source of friction. The same is true when one spouse tends to be less risk oriented than the other about investments.
3. PLAN IN FIVE YEAR UNITS. When planning for five year blocks, you can set both intermediate and long-range goals without feeling you’re being deprived forever.
4. BUDGET TOGETHER. Set up a manageable system for your cash flow together.
5. KNOW WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING. Keep records of your spending.
6. DON’T ASSUME THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE BOTH WORKING YOU HAVE A LOT MORE TO SPEND.
7. SAVE REGULARLY so you aren’t locked into that second income.
8. WHO HANDLES THE ACTUAL PAPERWORK CAN BE A MATTER OF PERSONAL PREFERENCE, although both of you should practice at it.
9. DON’T CONFUSE THE TASK OF DOING PAPERWORK WITH THE ACT OF FINANCIAL DECISION MAKING.
10. SIT DOWN TOGETHER AND DISCUSS FINANCES at least once a month.
Loans & Credit,
Auto Loan Resources,
Financial Literacy Month,
Kids & Money,
Debt Management Program
Student Loan Counseling
Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Pre Purchase Housing Counseling
How To Manage Your Money
Money Management For Kids
Credit Lesson Plans
How To Budget
Blogging for Change
Ask the Experts
Share Your Stories
© 2015 Money Management International, 14141 Southwest Freeway, Suite 1000, Sugar Land, TX.