Mortgage trouble? Help is here.
The twists and turns of life are often unpredictable. Has
a major setback — at work, with your health, or with your
marriage — turned everything upside down? If setbacks
in your life have made your home unaffordable and you’re
looking for the best way to move forward, there are solutions.
Get on the right path to real help and real answers right now.
MHA offers a range of solutions
The Making Home Affordable® (MHA) Program is an important
part of the Obama Administration’s comprehensive plan to
help homeowners get mortgage relief and avoid foreclosure.
MHA programs offer solutions that could help you:
- Reduce your monthly mortgage payments.
- Take advantage of today’s low mortgage interest rates.
- Get mortgage relief while searching for re-employment.
- Get help when you owe more than your home is worth.
- Leave your home without the sting of foreclosure.
Programs to fit your needs
Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
HAMP is designed to reduce your monthly
mortgage payments, making them more affordable and
more sustainable. HAMP offers homeowners a number of
- A HAMP modification may save you more than $500
- Most HAMP modifications feature lower interest rates
and many homeowners receive some form of principal
- Through HAMP, just for making your mortgage
payments on time, you could earn up to $5,000 in
principal forgiveness — $1,000 per year over five years.
- Now, you can use HAMP to get help with your primary
residence or rental property.
Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program (HAFA)
In a HAFA short
sale, you are able to sell your house for its current market
value, even though you owe more on your mortgage. If a
HAFA short sale doesn’t work, you may be able to give the
title back to your mortgage company in a HAFA deed-in-lieu
of foreclosure (DIL). HAFA offers a number of benefits:
- In a HAFA short sale, your mortgage company can work
with you upfront to determine an acceptable sale price;
but if you have already listed your property for sale or
have received an offer for less than you owe, it’s still not
too late to be considered for HAFA.
- Once you complete a HAFA short sale or DIL, you must
be released from any remaining mortgage debt.
- Through HAFA, you may qualify to get $3,000 in
relocation assistance to help you get back on your feet.
- In most cases, HAFA has a less negative effect on your
credit score than a foreclosure or even a typical short sale.
- Now, you can use HAFA to get help with your primary
residence or rental property.
MMI can help. Contact us today.
We know the process of getting mortgage help can sometimes be complex and confusing, but you are not alone. We can
help. Let our housing counselors guide you through the process. We’ll work in your best interest and at no cost to you. From
document preparation to application submission, we’ll work with you and your mortgage company to find the right solution for
your individual situation.